toil in hope and you will get there.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

"Oh, no, I've gone cross-eyed."

"Best synopsis of the class...however, you forgot to discuss Garland. 9/10"

That's the comment that my SOC421 professor left at the end of my research paper synopsis. Try as I might, I can't help but chuckle out loud whenever I read it. The 12-16 page paper, on some aspect of crime and punishment, revolves around one very specific requirement - that the theoretical basis of your argument is supported by a chapter in Garland's book.

I'll be honest, I still hadn't chosen a chapter from the text at the time I handed in my synopsis. You might argue that my BS glands were in overdrive to produce anything at all. The final paper is due on Monday, so that's no longer the case (I'll be utilizing his chapters on Foucoult, and to a small extent, Marx) but I still can't help but look back and chuckle.

Currently listening to: The Weakerthans - Plea From a Cat Named Virtue

No comments: