toil in hope and you will get there.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Functionally Rewarding

The University of Alberta is like a second home to me. I base this association on the staggering portion of my young life spent within its confines - over 1/4 of it, to be precise.

In a somewhat satisfying twist of fate, I can now also call this institution of higher learning my workplace. It's a mutual agreement, whereby I endlessly scavenge a great deal of money to retain enrollment, and they harvest my analytical skills for a somewhat incomparable wage. Nonetheless, I am proud to be working within the Department of Sociology's Population Research Laboratory as a Surveyor and potential Research Analyst. A job, unexpectedly, which directly relates to my degree of study. The correlation is strong. The line direct.

I completed my first shift this morning, at it was far more rewarding, far more academic than my wildest expectations. An actual, professional, working environment filled with respect and trust!? Marvelous!

Currently: Hoping that Nicole won't have to be "put down" because of her bad hip.

No comments: