toil in hope and you will get there.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Deflowered

Try as I might, I seem to be cursed with the horticultural touch of death. Hardy plants, raised specifically to grow under the most extreme of conditions simply wither at my touch. I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong, but nothing I try really seems to help any of my indoor plants survive.

What's frustrating is that these plants can do so well in, say, Safeway, or Home Depot, but the moment I buy one and take it home, the death process begins instantly! Some minimum-wage lackey with an errant garden hose outperforms my gardening skills by a significant margin.

Damn my lack of a green thumb...












Currently: Uh, not pirating all the Weakerthans albums for my sweetie.

2 comments:

k.skinner said...

Case in point. The daffodils on my computer desk are collapsing by the minute. In the span of 24-hours, they finished blooming, and now all the stalks are bening parallel with the floor...!@#%$!@#$%#$@!!!

k.skinner said...

Oh, I'm not sure who else was unfortunate enough to see this movie, but I caught AVP on the tele the other day.

It stunk to high hell.