toil in hope and you will get there.

Saturday, March 05, 2005

The Gluttony and The Pain

The Olive Garden is a very dangerous place to go when you're looking for a "bite" to eat. I've yet to enjoy an actual dinner within the confines of the restaurant's walls, because I don't tend to make it past the unlimited breadsticks and soup/salad they bombard your table with. I've concluded it's useless to fight the urge to devour round upon round of these items, as they're decidedly damn delicious. Once you satiate your cravings for garlicky appetizers, and your actual ordered meal arrives, I believe it's only proper etiquette to sample everything on your plate (one bite will do!) before handing it back over to the server to package up for home.

In order to work up that appetite I was fortunate enough to play a few games of ball hockey, which somewhat resembled a few rounds of NHL Hitz 2003. For those of you who know that particular game, then you'll instantly understand that it was a goal-scorers afternoon. I was lucky enough to win 2 of the 3 games, but there wasn't anything pretty about it. November 28 was the last time I played, and as the lapse between games increases, it seems my body's ability to recover afterwards drastically decreases. Ooohhh....

Currently: Thankful that the neighbour knocked on the door and pointed out that my keys were still hanging in the lock.

No comments: