toil in hope and you will get there.

Thursday, December 04, 2003

LOTR: Return of Blockbuster Video

Aw crap...

They say you have to have a really good memory to be a good liar, and if you tell yourself a lie long enough, it eventually becomes the truth. And I'm sure we've all experienced the sensation of waking up from a dream, believing that whatever you just dreamt (like owning that REALLY cool NES game you always wanted) has really happened, only to have cruel reality slap you in the face by the time you got out from under the covers.

Well, I'm not sure where this incident falls, but Blockbuster Video left me a message claiming that if I didn't return Lord of the Rings: Return of the King by midnight, they'd have no choice but to sick their goons on me. "Funny," I thought to myself, "Didn't I return that awesome game over a week ago...when it was already 2 weeks late!?" Well, to avoid reading another page of SOC 427 I began cleaning my apartment, and a very strange sensation overcame me as I stepped closer to my TV chair...like a repressed memory trying to claw it's way back to the surface. Spider-senses tingling, I flipped the chair over, and there it was, that damn game lying right there under the chair!

"How the fuck...!?"


Currently listening to: Saves The Day - Anywhere With You

No comments: