toil in hope and you will get there.

Thursday, December 18, 2003

Life.rom

Looking back on the majority of my posts for the past month, I've noticed an alarming trend - a great deal of them deal with immersing myself in videogames. At the age of 23, many individuals would be a little sheepish to admit that such things still command frequent attention in their lives, but I'm certainly not one of those individuals. Granted, I do commit my energies to other pursuits, and many of these posts have gone up after late-night playing sessions, making videogames the freshest topic on my mind.

But if University has taught me one thing (and thank God it's been more than one thing) it's that videogames are absolutely necessary components of a healthy learning environment. For multitudes of students, and young adults in general, cable TV is an expensive luxury that can be done away with, and the Internet fast becomes redundant and dull. Between trying to juggle your course work, part-time job, and social responsibilities, videogames are a comfortable haven to focus your thoughts and temporarily escape the vying stresses of your life.

As a child of the 80's, I was raised on overtly-Conservative cartoons and videogames, so what better way to relax than regressing for a moment into childhood bliss.


Currently: Waiting for George to arrive from Vancouver

No comments: