toil in hope and you will get there.

Friday, November 21, 2003

My Precious

Having conceded that The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is far too difficult to complete in the limited attention span I've got for it, I started to get the feeling that my burning desire to play video games for ridiculous stretches at a time had finally been quenched. Enter Blockbuster Video.

I'll be honest, I haven't rented a game in a long time, maybe even years, preferring to just go out and buy whatever game grabs my interest - a strategy which has worked wonderfully for my Gamecube, as every game I've got is considered great. But only a few of these games have left me bewildered and malnourished, blinking at the morning sun, unable to pry the controller out of my hand for days at a time. First it was Resident Evil, followed by Skies of Arcadia Legends, and most recently, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. But when I walked out of Blockbuster with The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, I had no idea what was in store for me.

After playing it for the better portion of the past 2 days, I've got to admit that it's a really fun game, but more importantly, it's just challenging enough to make you want to keep playing and earn your way to the next level. And with the incorporation of RPG level/skill building elements, it appeals to that side of me which took the time to level-up every member of my party to 99, in Final Fantasy III.

I feel like a kid again.


Currently: Taking a break to bathe and feed myself

No comments: