toil in hope and you will get there.

Wednesday, December 24, 2003

International Gift Giving Day

Okay, so there's no way I'd really refer to Christmas as International Gift Giving Day, but it really is a shame that we, as a collective society, have managed to place such stressful, and shallow, economic pressures on the holiday season.

George and I will be packing the car up and shipping our asses back to Vegreville this afternoon, where I will then proceed to gorge myself on Christmas treats and honeyed hams - whole hams - for two consecutive days. During this time, the gang (which would include an assortment of chums and buddies) will attempt to throw together a road hockey game of monumental proportions, if for no other reason than to burn off the turkey stuffing and make way for Turtles, Toffifee, and Ferrero Roche, er, Fer...ro...F...ah, whatever. I just pretend they're little chocolate planets, while I, Unicron, greedily devour their inhabitants one morsel at a time.

I would divulge the rest of my holiday plans, but the United States of America has descended in to Yellow, no Blue, no, shit!, ORANGE ALERT, and I must observe a state of "increased awareness." I'd sure hate for some uber-Grinch terrorists to rain Anthrax down on my merry festivities.


Currently: Wondering why I didn't go to bed 7 hours previously

No comments: