toil in hope and you will get there.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

International Week

For the second year in a row, I will be attending several seminars for International Week at the University of Alberta. The theme for this year is "Making Poverty History" and the event features dozens of guest speakers, information sessions, and even performances.

I was never really aware of International Week until last year when attendance to the event was crucial for an assignment in a particular class. It was a very effective motivator. Though I was only required to attend and write on 2 sessions, I found myself motivated to attend as many sessions as possible. If I can remember correctly, I attended nearly 2 dozen sessions in a few days.

This year, due to a much more restrained work schedule, I will only be attending a handful of keynote addresses, starting with this evening. Once again, an assignment hinges on my attendance, but I'm confident that I would have chosen to attend regardless.

Currently: Desperately trying to get my computer running properly.

2 comments:

k.skinner said...

Skipped out on the seminar.

Now that I'm unemployed, have all week to attend other seminars.

Went out for ice cream instead.

k.skinner said...

America's pretty sweet that way, eh? Regardless of how much they spend, regardless of know much debt they accumulate, they aren't concerned in the least that other countries will demand payments out of them.

Bush on phone: "The cheque? Oh yeah, it's in the mail."

Bush to Cheney: "Fire up the nuke-lar bombs, Britain's fixin' for a whuppin'."