toil in hope and you will get there.

Friday, July 09, 2004

Slaughterhouse: 1508

In 3 weeks I'll be changing my place of residence, forsaking the untamed wilderness of 107th's "Avenue of Nations" and inching ever so closer to the River Valley. Nicole and I have managed to stumble upon an attractive suite in Renaissance Place.

Yes, ...that Renaissance Place.

I used to think it was quaint that we were moving into a building where a man I knew of, Gary Prime, was brutally murdered in his own suite by hatchet wielding maniacs. When we first checked out the building, I even joked that, "If we're shown a suite at the end of the hall, we're not taking it!"

But now, with yet another brutal murder in the same upscale building in the past 3 years, we're living in one of the deadliest buildings in Edmonton - which makes our new place even better! I can picture great Hallowe'en parties already...

Currently: Packing a few items for our weekend getaway.

2 comments:

Stephanie Chan said...

I am rather amused that I keep knowing people that move into that place right after someone was murdered.

k.skinner said...

True...I suppose I could have titled the blog: SLAUGHTERHOUSE: 5 + 1503