toil in hope and you will get there.

Thursday, July 15, 2004

By The Numbers

I was flipping through the latest issue of Maclean's, when I came across an interesting set of numbers:

461,068 hot dogs
96,272 corn dogs
1.8 million mini donuts
76,652 hamburgers
3,475 litres of ketchup
12,864 cobs of corn
26,000 steaks (10oz.)
45,549 kg of potatoes
21,000 tubs of popcorn
49,342 clouds of cotton candy
29,563 slices of pizza
154,912 bottles of water
93,636 kg of ice cubes
50,271 candy apples

These are the numbers for the Calgary Stampede, indicating the unbelievable amount of carnie-food that will be consumed over the course of 10 days. Quite frankly, I think these numbers are a bit low, as Nicole, George, and myself alone consumed nearly half this amount in 2 days! Between the ice cream, mini donuts, funnel cake, candy apples, debi manjoos, corn dogs, pop, water, beer, and lunch buffet, it was a truly disturbing sight.

My only regret is that I never made good on my promise to have the deep-fried Snickers on a stick! That funnel cake that George got was more than enough to lubricate my innards and negatively impact my health...

Currently listening to: Fuel - Innocent

1 comment:

k.skinner said...

I seem to be getting quite a few hits to the site - certainly more than a simple, erraticly-updated, personal blog should warrant.

The week of July 5-9 was very active, with over 50 hits a day.

Scott, I know I wasn't phoning you back about Calgary during that period, but did you really need to check my site for status updates quite that often!?