toil in hope and you will get there.

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

One Fish, Two Fish...

...Red Fish, Blue Fish. Except, well, that the first one was blue, and the second one is red.

Blinky 2.0, as I've affectionately named the second Betta I've owned in an eventual unbroken line of fighting fish stretching beyond time and space, is actually quite amazing. His predecessor lasted a mere 10 days, yet he's continued on for a solid 6 months, if not longer!

He does all these amazing tricks, like floating upside down and being buried under rocks and even swimming on his side!

I was very surprised to see him alive after I left town for nearly 10 days, but he seems more alive now than ever before! Whenever I seem to think he's dead, and prepare to give 'em the ol' flush funeral, he jolts back to life with a renewed vigor that buys him another week. You've got to admire that stubborn desire to live. This fish has more lives than George W. Bush has brain cells, and was a hell of a bargain at $3.49!

Currently: Eating bag of homemade chocolate chip cookies

3 comments:

k.skinner said...

*thinking to myself*

"Hmmm...if Finger Eleven is playing on Monday, then maybe I can go to work on Saturday, sign the lease to the new apartment as we're leaving town, take it easy Saturday night, get up early Sunday for FREE Family Breakfast, enjoy the Stampede all Sunday and Monday, catch the concert, then jet on back home Monday evening...???"

It could work! Sure, I'd be missing school and work on Monday, but by working 10:00-17:00 on Saturday, I at least cover the missed work. Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

sounds good to me
-Scott

Anonymous said...

let me know when you are going. I will find a way to the city. Just need to know when
-Scott