toil in hope and you will get there.

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Extra Protection

It's the second day of classes and already things have started at a brisk pace. After the first day alone, I had close to 100 pages of reading to do! My schedule is set up rather nicely, though, with a 2+ hour gap between my two classes - just long enough to give me time to study or hit the gym, and just short enough to keep me from leaving the University.

Though not wallowing in my own financial crapulence by any means, my 8-day stint with Tri-City has afforded me a bit of dreaming room. Canadian Tire has a particular set of goaltender pads which has piqued my interest. Coupled with a new blocker/catcher set, these elegant 34" pads will certainly cover a few more holes in the net. My first priority at the moment, however, is covering the moving expenses for the new apartment Nicole and I will be moving in to, especially a new barbecue for our gigantic River Valley-viewing patio! The new goalie equipment, however, is certainly a close second.

This upcoming weekend we plan to drive on down to Cowtown to enjoy the Stampede, which is infinitely better than Klondike Days, though we won't be leaving until Saturday morning. In the meantime, we're looking for a place to stay...sooooo, George does your Uncle mind a few transients in his place over the weekend? If not, Nicole has a cousin we might be able to stay with, but your diseased company would be much more fun.

And yes, Scott, if you pitch in a few dollars for gas, we could probably bring you along, but you'll be missing Finger Eleven is they're playing on Friday.

Currently listening to: Beastie Boys - Ch-Check It Out

2 comments:

iHeartDimSum said...

COME ON DOWN! Finger Eleven is playing on Monday night. And I think Default is playing on Sunday night. If we get up early enough Sunday (family day at Stampede), we can pose as a dysfunctional family (me as dad, Scott as mom, and you and Nicole as our bastard children) and get in for free - I think they even give us free breakfast. My parents might be down visiting as well, but we should be able to make room for everyone.

k.skinner said...

Finger Eleven is playing on Monday night, eh? That might be a bit harder to pull off, as it entails me skipping a valuable day of school/work, and Nicole needs to be up early for work on Tuesday...but we'll see how things play out as the concert approaches.

And FREE breakfast!? Seeing as how it's the Stampede, I'll be very disappointed if the entire thing isn't deep-fried on a stick.