toil in hope and you will get there.

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Mr. Mach: Slumlord at Large

Relatives gone down to Toronto, eh George!? What perfect timing! Nicole and I are thinking of checking out The Distillers down in Cow Town on May 23, and it'd be rather corking of you if you had an extra couch or two.

Then again, seeing as how it's not actually your house, you might want to okay it with the rightful owners. Or, OR!, you could arrange that they have some sort of "accident" thus enabling the two of us to share accommodations with you.

Brilliant!


Currently listening to: Finger Eleven - Famous

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just had to try the comments out. Feels weird commenting up a page that I didn't setup.

-Dean

Anonymous said...

Just do the "drop in" Kris. Why ask permission when you can just show up unexpectedly at George's door and be like "Hey buddy, we're saying here for a couple days, what have you got to eat?"

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...the "drop in" sounds like a great idea. Just in case, though, I'd better pack some rope, duct tape, and large dog kennels.

iHeartDimSum said...

How about this - you come to Calgary, knock on my door... keep on knocking... then realize I'm probably in Edmonton for the long weekend, and then head on back to the trusty Econolodge for accommodations? I suppose busting a window to my place to get in is another option, but considering the uncle/ aunt are back, that could prove a bit disastrous. He wields a nasty meatcleaver.

k.skinner said...

Well sonnuva...I figured you'd be in Edmonton over the long weekend. Figured it was worth a shot, though. Seeing as how Nicole and I had previously planned on scoping out a few more apartments on the following Monday, catching a show in Calgary on Sunday might not be entirely possible.

It'd be nice to get out of the city, though, and a middle-aged man with a meat cleaver would be a fine test for my deadly Shito-Ryu skills!

*motions "plucking out eyeball manoeuver," strokes goatee*

Ah-haha-ha-ahahhha!

iHeartDimSum said...

you can't grow a goatee... who are you trying to kid?

how about you treat me and Tangie to some dim sum on Sunday in Edmonton instead? I givva you shout Saturday! Huzzah!