toil in hope and you will get there.

Thursday, January 22, 2004

Save on Enmity

My, how times change. As I lined my groceries up on the conveyor belt, or Movator, or magic grocery transporter, it dawned on me just how drastically my food purchasing decisions have altered since my first year of University. The guy in line behind me managed to lose his card in said belt, so I had a few extra moments to dwell on this thought.

A sample, from my typical grocery list back when I was 18, looked a little something like this:

- Milk
- Pop
- Potato Chips
- Tub of Gummie Bears
- Jumbo bag of Dino Sours
- Pizza Pops
- Mr. Noodle
- Bacon

That's a far cry from what I picked up today:

- Milk
- Lean Hamburger
- Flax Multigrain Bread
- Apples
- Grapes
- Fettuccini
- Alfredo Sauce
- Lettuce

You'll notice I've added this strange and mysterious food group known as Fruits and Vegetables, which, though purportedly healthier for me than a 5kg bag of Dino Sours, doesn't provide nearly the same sugar high and insulin shock.


Currently listening to: Matthew Good - In A World Called Catastrophe

No comments: