toil in hope and you will get there.

Monday, November 17, 2003

Hiatus Ended

Sweet merciful Lord, but it's nice to be back after my much-heralded One Month Anniversary. I don't know about you, but updating this Blog once, maybe twice a week really begins to wear a guy down, and the hilarious, spontaneous, incontabulous ideas don't always flow as freely as before. I hope you enjoy the changes I've made to the site, most notably expanding my Shoutbox to 7 posts, an incremental increase of 1, from the very vanilla setting of 6.

This past Saturday, I, along with a few of my fellow associates, enjoyed the sweet, succulent fruits (think Asian pear juiciness) of our diabolical scheming - the first kegger I've ever hosted, and what an evening it was. The evening of debauchery could not have been possible without some quick (and inebriated) thinking the week before, when Lambda Chi Alpha threw their first Keg Party in several years, which saw 4 kegs of Kokanee enter the house, but only 3 get tapped!

The fine young men who organized the party claimed they did not collect sufficient funds at the door to cover the cost of all the beer, so when we returned to the house several hours after the party had ended, to find the doors wide open, all the lights on, not a single soul in sight, and a full keg just sitting there, we really had no alternative but to purloin the sacred silver Ark of beer and smuggle it away in the trunk of my car.

Oh, the sheer unadulterated pleasure we reaped from the days which followed, with each cryptic ransom note raising their ire higher and higher - the threats, the pleading, the eventual acceptance of their inattentiveness - and the weakening of my rear shocks with every bump I traversed.

But every cloud has a silver lining, and the party thrown yesterday was a resounding success, enabling us to collect enough money to pay for the liberated keg, enjoy many a Boat Races, and recover this morning with nary a hint of a hangover. Up until the party I'd been battling a particularly stubborn cold, though it's now become clear that the sheer volume of beer I consumed has either scared those pesky viruses straight out of my system, or rendered them incapable of performing said cold-perpetuating duties.

What a great week, and God bless the dedicated folks working on liver replacement technology, wherever you are!


Currently listening to: Matthew Good - While We Were Hunting Rabbits

No comments: