toil in hope and you will get there.

Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Edmonton 64

Ah, it's beginning to look a whole lot like a white Christmas after all. I woke up this morning to a wall of light, fluffy snow blanketing the city; at least a foot judging by how wet my shoes and pants were during my first lecture.

As I drove to the University this morning - perhaps it was the lack of sleep, maybe even the tub of gummy bears I ate the night before - the thick snow mesmerised me, and the landscape took on a surreal appearance. It felt like I was in a first generation N64 racer, with "fog" hiding all objects in the distance, and horrendous pop-up startling me at the last second. As I marveled at the polygon count necessary to render the Legislature Building in such detail, I was quickly snapped back to reality as my car decided to drive in ruts from 2 separate lanes, causing me to glide down 109 Street at a 45 degree angle.

Realizing there was no "R" button to guide my powerslide, I was forced to straighten things out the old fashioned way, preventing an untimely demise in the River Valley, and scaring the crap out of all the morning commuters around me.

On a completely unrelated topic, that's twice my future housing plans have been sidetracked by abandonment, condemnation, and demolition. I always thought the old high school would be a nice fix-er-upper, and once they tore that down I set my sights on Morrow's house...


Currently: Playing LOTR:ROTK on Gamecube

No comments: