toil in hope and you will get there.

Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Gots'tha Sauce

My unhealthy, crack-like cravings for sweet sauce and spicy meat has reached an all-time high, as I've begun the most insidious undertaking of my University career - the inception of and subsequent implementation of my Edmonton Donair Log Book.

The budding pages of this eventual donair tome keep track of all the necessary data I've accumulated, listing restaurant locations, toppings, and overall satisfaction. Arising from countless hours of wracking my brain, I've devised three distinct satisfaction categories - Excellent, Good, and Terrible (aka rat feces). Substituting Caesar salad dressing for the necessary sweet sauce almost instantly relegates any donair to the afore mentioned Terrible category, whereas the perfect blend of crisp, spicy meat, sweet sauce, complimentary toppings, and fresh pita will earn a much higher ranking, regardless of price, inconvenience, or resulting hours spent in the crapper for the next 3 days.

Taking advantage of my newly acquired Sociological Statistics capabilities, my log book will eventually be expanded to include numerous categories (serving size, price, atmosphere, xdays unsettled stomach) which will provide the necessary figures to plug in to my measures of central tendency and dispersion, thus allowing me to complete a parameter estimation on my overall donair satisfaction within the city of Edmonton.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to use the bathroom - for the sake of my continued research.


Currently: Heading back to Vegreville to crash Dean's "crib"

No comments: