toil in hope and you will get there.

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Soylent Green

Eating healthy is hard work. But if there's one thing that we should all find time for, it's green tea. I absolutely love the stuff, though I often go through long stretches where my intake is virtually nil - and when I finally brew myself up a pot, I ravenously consume it like a junkie in a meth lab. Assuming you're not buying the DDT laced variety, I've been led to believe that it's good for both the mind and body, and after the pyjama party I attended the other evening, my body sure could use some TLC.

It's interesting to me that in the span of a month, I've attended more sleep-over/pyjama parties than I have in, well, over a decade at least. The pyjama party was actually a first for me, and in my opinion, probably the best kind of party to have. It's casual, it's fun, and supremely relaxed. Who wants to get all done-up to go out, when you can simply throw on your flannels and kick-back with a few cold ones? I specially purchased a 3-pack of Hanes v-neck, white, cotton shirts for the occasion, though it's been revealed to me that the low cut is off-puttingly feminine.

With less than 24 hours before I head to the polls for the provincial election, I've finally received a peek of the various parties' platforms. One page in the Edmonton Journal informed me better than weeks of "campaigning" and the Liberal candidate who stopped by our door the other day was kind enough to tell Nicole where we go to cast our ballot. Both the Liberals and NDP had a fair amount of positive solutions, whereas the PCs were non-committal and the Alliance was completely out to lunch. For example, the Alliance proposed free post-secondary tuition to all students who maintained a C average in High School. That's great news for the A-students, who actually meet the entrance requirements, but not so helpful to anyone else...

Alas! More green tea for me!

Currently: Preparing to study for my 2nd last lab quiz. Ha-zah!

No comments: