toil in hope and you will get there.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Jackpot!: Addendum

Rocky Mountain House sure is smaller than I'd ever imagined, consisting almost entirely of a dozen hotels, gas stations, and the full spectrum of fast food joints. I assume there might actually be people who live there, thought it's highly likely that they all work in the service industry and perhaps reside in the previously mentioned businesses.

Anyways, as I made my way back in to Edmonton, I made a point of stopping by that enclosed ball hockey rink to have a look see. Apparently it's affiliated with the Scona Community, so there might be people to ask for its usage. There are, much like the rink we played in before, gigantic lights available to light up those dark, winter afternoons. It's not a rink, but a tennis/basketball area, so the size is very agreeable.

I've used copious amounts of hockey tape to shore up my goaltending equipment, so here's to hoping they'll last the winter.

Oh, and on that automotive insurance issue that Gregg was talking about - at least Wawanesa was kind enough to issue you a refund, or some sort of communication. AMA, in it's bureaucratic benevolence, has remained suspiciously mute through this entire modification program. So many ways, to hate AMA.

Currently: Oh so very glad to be home...

No comments: