toil in hope and you will get there.

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Reading, 'riting, and 'rythmetic

Woe is me, returning to the hallowed halls of the University of Alberta yet once again. Though I'm actually quite excited to be tackling the books, I'm less than impressed with all the people that have filled the place! Over the past 4 months I began to become accustomed to the place being virtually empty: line-ups were non-existent, pedestrian traffic was free-flowing, and gawdy first-years weren't lounging around the place in bar clothes, obviously incapable yet of breaking free of their High School propensities.

What should have been a few minutes of running around, painfully turned to hours. Just this once I actually decided to purchase some of my texts during the first week of class, and this I solemnly vow: NEVER AGAIN.

Bah!

Currently: Hastily getting ready to head back out for 7 hours of working for The Man.

1 comment:

k.skinner said...

Sweet merciful Lord...I have become an old man, haven't I? This type of ranting and raving shouldn't be natural yet!