toil in hope and you will get there.

Monday, September 13, 2004

No NHL? No Problem!

It feels like it's been ages, but I finally managed to put in a few ball hockey games with the guys. It's hard to believe, but with the 3 (well, 2.5) games we played today, I'm only up to game 14! That's not really all that much hockey - no wonder it always feels like I'm a bit rusty between the pipes.

It was a great day to be outside, especially after the nasty weather we've had all week. Who would have predicted that the weekend would turn out so beautifully? When the dust settled, though, I was 2-1 for the day, and loved every minute of it. We even had an audience, as some awesome dad stopped by with his 3 boys to sit and watch the action.

Not nearly as quaint, however, was the fact that my car was vandalized over-night. I had left it parked outside Nate's place, not far from where my old apartment used to be. I'm not quite sure what happened, but it almost looks like someone side-swiped it. It's nothing too severe, but my driver's side mirror is now busted (it looked horrible before Jeremy snapped it back into place) and scratch marks are visible almost the entire length of the vehicle. Disrespectful bastards! It's like your mom always says, whenever you have something nice, someone else will find a way to steal it or break it. I don't miss living in that damn neighbourhood, that's for sure...

Currently: Drying off after having a shower to try and clean that goaltender equipment "funk" off my skin.

No comments: