toil in hope and you will get there.

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

LOTR: Return of Blockbuster Video II

Who says my life doesn't entertain a certain degree of continuity? While out the other evening to Safeway to pick up a few groceries for lunches, I decided it was about time to bury the hatchet between myself and Blockbuster Video. This pertains to an incident that dates back to December 04, 2003.

As you may recall, I had discovered to my horror that the game LOTR: Return of the King was still in my possession, though I believed I had returned it a month previous. Upon receiving their wayward game, they were kind enough to waive the $100 replacement fee, and most of the late charges - all that remained was a little over $20 owed to them - and I hadn't been back since.

Was it cowardice? Miserliness? Stubbornness?

Draw your own conclusions, but I figured nearly 10 months was more than enough time to allow Blockbuster to think seriously about what they'd done, in allowing me to rent a game that was obviously so amazing that even my own mind conspired against me to possess it. Indeed, it was my precious...

Currently: Trying to get "The Sims" working on my computer

No comments: