toil in hope and you will get there.

Thursday, September 30, 2004

I Bent My Wookie

Having Nate's combusticated computer laying on the floor next to me, has really made me appreciate this little eMachine I've got. Sure, by the time I replaced the speakers, mouse, keyboard, upgraded the graphics card and quadrupled the RAM, it might be said that it's not really the same computer I originally bought, but it sure as hell is more flexible than that damn Acer ever was, and 1/4 the MSRP.

I've stayed my mp3 collecting addiction by feeding that obsessive compulsive part of my brain with game downloads. Once I truly discovered where to go and how to install cracked game ISO's, it's opened a whole new realm for me. Truth be told, it all started with Return to Castle Wolfenstein. It was with this game that I first realized my computer was much more powerful than I thought, as I was capable of playing it on the highest quality settings. Since then, I've added a few more games to my collection:

- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Rome: Total War
- Call of Duty
- Medal of Honor
- Unreal Tournament 2004
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- The Sims 2
- Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War
- Doom III

These are in excess of the various programs I've downloaded, from Microsoft Office 2003 Professional to Adobe Creative Suite. My HD is quickly filling to capacity, so maybe I should add a few more gigs of storage space to my birthday wishlist.

I've been playing Star Wars quite a bit lately, as there's nothing quite as rewarding as sniping Jar Jar Binks in the eye from 100 yards away or setting fire to a village of screaming Ewoks.

Currently: Making a vow to try and wake up @ 7am every morning!

3 comments:

k.skinner said...

Bwahahhahaa!!!

Pwew! Pwew! (<- laser cannon noises) The last two movies have sucked the big one, but at least this game has some bright spots!

k.skinner said...

Testing, testing. 1...2...3? The time is 22:57 MT!

Anonymous said...

testing... 1 2 3.....do you know how hopelessly stuping you guys sound....der.. look i can make laser noises..........LASERS ARE SILENT!!!!! comsentrated light makes no noise!