toil in hope and you will get there.

Thursday, September 30, 2004

El Presidente

I was at work all evening, ironically calling Americans, so I was unable to watch the Presidential Debate. I was enheartened to discover, at the time, that many people I called were in the process of watching the debate.

As I said, I didn't watch the program, but I'm operating under the assumption, no, gut instinct, that Bush carried on in his usual despicable manner, and Kerry stood around with that Franken-grin of his. At the very least the head-to-head sparring match should have made it very clear that Bush should not be allowed back into the White House. This fact is so evident that I practically regard it as a Universal Law.

But no...polls following the debate show that 4 more years under Bush's reign of terror are expected to continue in November. Whereas Gregg provided a thoughtful criticism of American politics, my two cents can currently be summed up as follows: What the fuck does this war monger, Bush, have to do for the voting public to turn him away and what the fuck can possibly be going through a voter's mind when then think casting their ballot for him is the proper thing to do? What the fuck are the priorities of the American mindset?

One President lies about receiving a blow-job and they rise up to impeach him. The next one lies to start a war which kills 1,000 of their children and shepherds the populace under a state of constant fear...yet they reward him.

America under President Bush is an affront to peace and humanity, and I feel empathy for not only our neighbours to the south, but for all the peoples of the world.

Currently: Reading positive reviews of George W. Bush in a state of utter disbelief.

No comments: