toil in hope and you will get there.

Sunday, March 28, 2004

Procrastination 64

Between cleaning my apartment, doing my laundry, lazing about at Nicole's, and surfing the internet, I was beginning to run out of things to eat up my time before I seriously tackled a few semester-end projects. Normally I'd throw in a healthy dose of Gamecube to consume any productive hours I had remaining, but after a week of not playing, Nicole was so rabid to play Animal Crossing that come hell or high water there was no way I could refuse her subtle coercion to lend her my precious Cube.

Enter Nintendo 64 from stage left.

I haven't hooked up this 64-bit cartridge-based beast in over a year, but let me tell you, a few rounds of Mario Kart 64 or a few levels of Goldeneye was more than sufficient to appease my videogame hunger. Between the two controllers, one has a loose analog stick from overuse, while the other has sticky buttons from New Year's champagne, back in 1998, over at Dean's place. But hey, beggars can't be choosers, and I can only get my ass kicked at UT2004 so many times before I declare competition against those hardcore computer nerds beyond the scope of human capability.


Currently: Cooking some good ol' extra spicy Shake'n'Bake!

No comments: