toil in hope and you will get there.

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Moderate Disdain

Joy of joys, my phone has finally been reconnected...and all I had to do was wait an entire month from the time I paid off my outstanding balance with Telus! It never ceases to amaze me that, when owing a heartless commercial monopoly money, their organizational skills and "customer service" departments are quick to mobilize, efficient, and dare I say, downright ruthless in their execution. And yet, once they've collected their money, much like a corporate Jeckyl & Hide, they revert to their inept, bumbling ways, which would explain the month-long wait to have some Telus technician stop by my apartment, wave his magic wand, and reconnect my phone.

They disconnected my line with the push of a button...couldn't they just push the green button, which I whimsically assume resides beside the flashing red disconnect one, to restore my service?

It's nice to put this entire fiasco behind me, though, as I've been running out of nasty things to say about Telus without sounding like a broken record. Entire conversations with friends, family and co-workers have been reduced to automated rants, and like any post or pre-game hockey interview, I was running out of new slanderous hell-fire to spew forth about this company.


Currently listening to: Nicole "study." A concept as foreign to me as linear quantum physics, which I nonetheless observe with an archaeologists curiosity and fascination.

No comments: