toil in hope and you will get there.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

GTA: Bellamy Hill

Personally, I though it was both exhilarating and cool to witness a $60,000 Beamer get smashed to bits in front of our house. I can feel no guilt about this because no one was killed, nor was the car stolen...just some drunk rich kids who demolished their own property. I got to be on Citytv and fill out a police report, which simply adds to the coolness factor of the whole evening.

On Monday evening, the ante was raised further in our quiet little neighbourhood. As I stood in the kitchen I distinctly heard someone knocking on the front door. Maizey started barking so I peeked out the window to see who was there. Nobody. Curious, and confused, I opened the door and stuck my head out...still no one. I then noticed a kid across the street running for cover, and for an instant I figured I might have been pranked. Then Nicole asked me if I'd heard the gun shots and seen the cars speeding away. Apparently I failed to see the black car riddled with bullet holes speed past our home.

Let's see. Someone fires off a few rounds on a semi-automatic, and I stick my melon outside to see what's going on. Surely that debunks the "survival of the fittest" myth.

So within a week, Nicole and I witness two newsworthy events, and this time she gets to fill out the police report. The camera crews from all the stations were parked outside our place, but they refrained from interviewing anyone - I guess it's not a safe idea to put drive-by-shooting witnesses on the late-night news.

Nicole and I are betting we'll witness a stabbing next, perhaps amongst the various vagrants who camp out in the bushes lining our property.

We've really got to learn to keep a camera on us at all times!

Currently: Enjoying the freedom of not applying for another year of student loans.

2 comments:

iHeartDimSum said...

No wonder your rent is so cheap. They neglected to mention the imminent risk of death in your contract.

k.skinner said...

Pfft, this is nothing! You forget that people were murdered in our previous building, including a fatal stabbing the day before we signed our lease!