toil in hope and you will get there.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Destruction Derby

Apparently Nicole and I are news-worthy incident magnets. Specifically, we always seem to witness horrible accidents covered by A-Channel/CityTV. I was interviewed and got to appear on the evening news as one of those "Geeze, I can't believe what just happened!" idiots. That didn't stop me from taping it, of course.

In case you didn't catch the 11:30 news, a beautiful BMW was totaled right in front of our house. Nicole and I were just pulling up to the intersection of Bellamy Hill and 99 Avenue, when the sound of a revving engine and screaming tires alerted me to proceed with caution. Suddenly the Beamer popped into view, flew up onto the curb, spun within metres of my car, nailed the pole in front of our house, then swerved back across all 4 lanes and crashed head-on with yet another giant, steel pole!

It was all a blur of silver car and flying debris.

I put my car in park and decided it would be best to see if the people in the car needed help, when two guys in their mid-20's stumbled out of the wreckage and then fled into the bushes! I didn't quite expect that to happen, so I immediately called 911 and reported the whole event.

Within minutes all of Bellamy Hill was filled with police, fire trucks, and a whole crowd of curious neighbours and rubber-neckers. Since I was one of the few people who witnessed the entire thing, I got to fill out a police report, and my description of the fleeing car wreckers was pretty close to the two guys they managed to nab.

It's scary to think that Nicole and I avoided being hit by mere seconds...I'm pretty sure that BMW would've sliced right through my car, especially with how fast it was flying. It got my adrenaline pumping, that's for sure.

Currently listening to: The peace and quiet of the house when both dogs (Maizey and Babie) are sleeping.

No comments: