toil in hope and you will get there.

Friday, May 13, 2005

My Poor Body

It seems I'm continually finding new ways to torture my poor, youthful body. Nicole's got me hooked on this crazy cultish fad called "running" and with very little preparation, I seem to enjoy throwing my body in to a few games of ball hockey every 30 days or so.

Tonight ended up being absolutely beautiful weather-wise, with little wind, a warm temperature, and not a cloud in the sky. We managed to get 1.5 games played in 2.5 hours, and if it wasn't for that damn setting sun, I'm sure we would have played quite a bit longer. It seems that the gap between each outing gets longer and longer, so I'm usually so excited to get the opportunity to suit up that I just want to keep playing - regardless of wins or losses. Mentally I seem to get down on myself for piling up the losses, but counting the two tonight, that only leaves me at two games below .500! Hell, a 50/50 chance, that's not so bad!

Anyways, things tend to get a bit silly once the sun sets and you're still playing. Not being able to see the ball once it's in motion is a bit like lightsabre training while blindfolded. You simply have to give in to The Force and hope to hell the ball hits you.

I'd best get off to bed...I've got to pick Nicole up from work in 5 hours, run 6km, sleep for a few more hours, then be at work for 10am. I think my legs are starting to burn already.

Currently: Watching some Discovery Channel after getting the cable hooked back up! We barely lasted 6 weeks without it!

1 comment:

k.skinner said...

Hmmm...I'm checking out theweathernetwork.ca and the sun won't even be rising until 5:30am. That's gonna make for one dark, cold, 6km run.