toil in hope and you will get there.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Beautiful Day

Another weekend has come and gone, and that means some updated ball hockey stats: matter-of-factly. The weather was absolutely gorgeous on Sunday and we had a whopping 11 players come out. I flirted with my first shutout ever during the first game, eventually winning 10-1. The other team scored on their last shot of the game, though we came right back to finish it up.

The second game, though a losing cause at 10-9, was perhaps the best. The teams were very evenly matched, and both Russ and I managed to pull off some sweet moves. I'd say it was my most complete game in net...now if only I can stop those simple shots from the centre line, all will be well.

By the third game everyone was pretty wiped out, and the sun was beating down even hotter than ever. Even the earlier cloud coverage cowered away from the burning rays. I spotted the other team a 4-goal lead, early in to the game, though the boys managed to rally and pull out a victory. Ha-zah!

Currently: Suffering from a sinus cold...so very, very stuffy. Creativity zapped.

No comments: