toil in hope and you will get there.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

CPAC Tango

Since Nicole and I regained cable, I'm happy to report that for the most part, I've done fairly well at limiting my daily viewing. There's honestly been days where, when I've turned on the idiot-box, it simply served as background noise.

When I do watch, however, I tend to zone in on The Discovery Channel, The Weather Network, and the news. There's no sports highlights to speak of, and aside from a bit of Monday Raw or Sunday evening cartoons, very little of the programming interests me in the least. Most notably, our humble abode remains a Reality TV-Free Zone at all times, no exceptions.

Perhaps it's the palpitable excitement in the air, but all this craziness going on within our federal government actually makes for good entertainment. I've been watching CPAC for almost 2 hours now, this evening, and boy do those politicians enjoy tearing in to one another. It's all screaming, and innuendo and shrewdly veiled threats...and then question period officially begins! I don't believe they're actually getting much accomplished, but damn if it's not enjoyable to watch.

Currently: Contemplating having some more pizza mere minutes before going to bed.

No comments: