toil in hope and you will get there.

Friday, June 18, 2004

Murphy's Law

You've got to be be fucking kidding me! I've mentioned in my previous post that I'm in the midst of a compacted final exam schedule, and time is an absolutely precious commodity. This would then mean that I've got to make the most of each moment I have.

I managed to get a solid 4 hours of sleep last night, make it to my 08:00 Anthropology final exam, which was 3 hours long, and rush home as quickly as possible to put the finishing touches on my take-home exam, which has to be handed in at 18:00 at the University. That gives me 5 hours to perfect my masterpiece, ensuring that I maintain my 4.0 GPA in that class.

Within moments, nay, seconds of sitting down at my computer, the car alarm on my asshole neighbor's car begins to go off! What makes this even worse, is that his car is parked directly beside my windows, a mere few feet away.

It's Murphy's Law - the moment I have something vitally important to do, all hell breaks loose.

It's that annoying alarm too, that changes tones every few seconds.

I guess the only solace I can take is that this asshole doesn't appear to be home, and his car battery will be long dead by the time I head back to the University. If it's not, then I'll personally heave a few bricks through his windshield.

Currently listening to: You guessed it...that damn car alarm!

No comments: