toil in hope and you will get there.

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

These Deadly Halls

Seriously, I think the University of Alberta is trying to kill me. I arrived this afternoon for my Physical Anthropology lab, which was located on the main floor of the Henry Marshall Tory Building. As I rounded the corner of the final hall, I was greeted by a half dozen people sporting bio-hazard safety suits, respirators and all.

"What the fu...!?"

Right next to the door to my lab, they had a sealed plastic working area, and hoses running up into the ceiling. Apparently, they were there to remove asbestos from the building. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but for all the money I pay in tuition, is it too much to ask that the classrooms I'm learning in won't case me bodily harm? Is that really such an unreasonable request?

Currently: Putting the final touches on my term paper extraordinaire!

No comments: