toil in hope and you will get there.

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Terrifying, In That "Good" Way

So, here I am again - final exam season. With the compacted schedule of Spring/Summer session, this season is a mere 2 days, but it's no less stressful and demanding.

I've got a take-home final exam due Friday evening at 18:00, and an in-class final Friday morning at 08:00. The sheer amount of time compartmentalization I'll be pulling off over the next 48 hours will be astounding:

Wednesday
21:00 to 21:05 - receive take-home final exam
22:00 to ??:?? - start working on take-home final

Thursday
??:?? to ??:?? - sleep for a few hours
??:?? to 14:00 - study for in-class final
15:00 to 22:00 - work
23:00 to ??:?? - sleep for a few hours

Friday
??:?? to 07:00 - study for in-class final
08:00 to 10:00 - write in-class final
11:00 to 14:00 - finish/touch up take home final
15:00 to 22:00 - work

Things get a bit more ugly if I try to juggle my work schedule. If I cancel my Thursday shift to study, then I need to work my Friday shift, meaning I won't have Friday afternoon to touch up my take-home final, and I'll have to hand it in almost 5 hours before the 18:00 due time. If I work on Thursday it gives me less time to study for my in-class final but more time on Friday to work on my take-home final...

...bah! This is hurting my brain already! I shouldn't be wasting my precious time doing this blog anyways! I'd better get cracking!

Currently listening to: Own heart palpitations during this time of perpetual, adrenaline-fuelled stress.

1 comment:

k.skinner said...

It's just a little after 2:00AM and things are running fairly smoothly. I'm getting a bit jittery from the excessive amounts of coffee I've consumed, and my body is urging me to get some sleep, but I figure I can continue on for a few more hours.

End Communication.