toil in hope and you will get there.

Monday, April 12, 2004

Ring of Fire

This past weekend, saw another Easter Sunday come and go, and with this special time, another family dinner of astronomical proportions, where family and in-laws are to be avoided at all costs, and the presence of left-overs is completely unacceptable.

With my parents heading for the hills to visit my sister in Revelstoke, and my other sister heading down to Calgary, it looked like I'd have to fend for myself, though this situation turned out to be easily rectified. In the welcoming comforts of Nicole's family, I gorged myself on ham and turkey, mashed potatoes and salad, and enough gravy to enlarge your heart. What made this meal even more special was that it was pot-luck, and Nicole and I's contribution was the East Indian dish Aloo Gobi. It was our first time preparing the dish, and through luck or skill, it turned out to be a hit.

It's a simple vegetarian dish that doesn't cost all that much to make, and has the capacity to fill you up quite nicely. Depending on your tastes it can pack a decent amount of heat, and it's the perfect compliment to tandoori chicken or whatever else you desire. I got the recipe off my sister, and through I don't quite think she divulged all her secrets, she certainly put Nicole and I on the right path.

I look forward to experimenting a bit more in the kitchen, as Shake'n'Bake is starting to gross me out, and cereal shouldn't be considered a "meal" more than twice in one day.


Currently listening to: Rage Against The Machine - Wind Below

No comments: