toil in hope and you will get there.

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Ralph's A-okay

I'm not about to begin arguing politics here, or try to sway your perception of Ralph Klein's provincial government here in Alberta, but I'd like to state that they've been nothing but kind to me when it comes to my student loans. During the summer, as I was getting ready to start making a few payments, I was informed that the provincial government had paid off my entire outstanding balance with Edulinx, a debt load of nearly $7000! I made sure to get a conformation of that in writing, as I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I hadn't applied for any special debt relief, and I'm not even finished with school yet - I was simply taking a year off.

Then this month I get a statement from Royal Bank, who holds the other half of my student loans. Once again, the provincial government, seemingly out of the blue, has seen fit to pay nearly $5000 off my loans! I don't know what the hell is going on, but I'm sure not complaining about it.

Who knows, if I stay in University long enough they might just clear up all my debts!


Currently: Shaking and mumbling from not having gone to bed yet.

No comments: