toil in hope and you will get there.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Bitch and Complain

The attendance for my Philosophy class this evening was particularly low..including myself, there was only 6 students. Since I was curious, I asked the professor how many students are necessary before a particular class gets cancelled. The answer: 12

A mere 9 students actually signed up for the course, but the voracity of some students' need to take the course was too great to oppose. I, for one, was extremely vocal with the Department that I be allowed to take the class immediately. If it had been cancelled, the scenario would have been disastrous for me:

1. I would've been 1 course (3 credits) short of my degree.
2. I would've had to choose between;
a) giving up on my degree entirely,
b) putting it off for yet another year while I headed back to work,
c) or enduring another 4 months of student poverty to complete one damn class.

Needless to say, I would have been left pissed-off, despondent, and more than a little depressed.

Currently: Getting ready to put the dog to bed.

No comments: