toil in hope and you will get there.

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Absolutely Delicious

The good eats just keep on continuing. The birthday celebration/feast at Jasmine's birthday party was followed up by an equally impressive evening of gluttony for Nicole's sister's birthday. The event was held at the New Asian Village, an establishment which serves some of the finest East Indian cuisine in the city.

This was the first time I'd ever been to the place, though I have had their food before. Several months ago, before Nicole and I discovered the joys of cooking our own meals here at home, we called Dial and Dine to pick us up some eats. Seeing as how I'd always eaten my fill of East Indian cuisine for free, this marked the first time I'd ever dished out money for it. The food was delicious, though the price to feed just the two of us was a bit extravagant.

On this evening, however, we discovered the joy of their buffet. Though there weren't many items, all the essential dishes were present - everything from tandoori chicken, to aloo gobi, to butter chicken, to curried lamb. The only thing better than eating these things, is being able to eat as much as humanly possible.

Their "cooler of 250 beers" was not only innovative, but probably one of the coolest things I've ever seen in a restaurant. Whenever you desired, you could walk up to the cooler (which took up a whole wall), pick a bottle from their vast selection of international beers, and bring it on back to the table! I had myself a delicious Danish Tuborg and a Steam Whistle from Ontario. What more can I say, it totally reeked of awesomeness.

I highly recommend the place, if you even remotely enjoy Eastern food. The restaurant has an authentic atmosphere and, even if just for a few hours, tricks the senses into thinking you're enjoying a leisurely bite to eat in Bombay, and not the grey, concrete streets of chilly Edmonton.

Next up is Thanksgiving, more birthdays, Christmas, New Years...man oh man, I'm sure gonna pack on the pounds this Winter, that's for sure!

Currently: Attempting to master Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to effectively design business card logos.

No comments: