toil in hope and you will get there.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

T-Minus...

...a few days and counting. I'll be getting that call from Tri-City Drilling any day now, so don't be alarmed if I sort of drop off the face of the planet at a moment's notice.

For my glorious return to the life of a planet/nature destroyer/rapist, I've decided I'll be chronicling my journey. It started out that I was going to track my spending and expenses, right down to the penny, but then I totally got OCD. I'll be logging my mileage, each town I stay in, how many wells I help drill...basically everything I can think of. It will be a body of work only fascinating to myself, but it'll keep my mind active. It's a shame I'm not a PhD student doing an ethnography on rig workers.

Methinks I've taken one too many quantitative social research classes.

Currently listening to: Our Lady Peace - Healthy in Paranoid Times.

No comments: