toil in hope and you will get there.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

How's About This Weather?

What can I say; it was absolutely beautiful outside today. Though I didn't actually check a thermometer, I'm fairly confident we were nearing the high teens. It's the kind of weather which awakens certain primitive cravings in a man.

First and foremost, when the weather is this amazing, the "clean your car" survival instinct kicks in. I'm not sure why, but on that first day of nice weather it's almost impossible not to break out the pressure washer and Shop-Vac.

Secondly, it's also of the utmost importance that you go out and hunt down some brewed goodness. The coming of Spring is also the coming of the "fridge must be stocked with beer at all times" period. This continues roughly until the end of the Stanley Cup playoffs...which neatly runs right back into Spring.

Thirdly, it is virtually impossible to avoid migrating to the nearest patio. As sure as Canadian geese migrate south, Canadian hu-mans migrate to patios as soon as the mercury enters double digits. It's also nice to still see the sun after 4:30pm.

Currently: Contemplating a quiet book read on my own patio before bed...

2 comments:

iHeartDimSum said...

This patio idea is brilliant! We need to do this... like tomorrow... right before the concert that you oh so brilliantly DIDN'T buy tickets for. I'm in town probably around 5-ish tomorrow. I call you then.

k.skinner said...

At 5-ish, Friday, Nicole and I will be enjoying the patio at Sherlock Holmes downtown!

If you need to get ahold of me, you can try my NEW cell # 231-6647.