toil in hope and you will get there.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

So Many Ways...

...to begrudgingly love AMA. Since the moment I first stepped behind the wheel, at the tender age of 14, the Alberta Motor Association has perpetually found ways to extract large sums of money first from my parents and then from myself. My insurance rates hit an all-time high last year, where the combination of a new-ish car and Edmonton residency pushed my monthly cost to nearly $225.

Let's be honest, $2700 for a year of coverage is outrageous, not to mention more than I actually make for car payments. It would appear, though, that the Alberta governments auto insurance reforms have managed, though only slightly, to impact my pocketbook.

AMA has graciously conceded $45/month on my coverage, which amounts to a reasonable $540 in savings over the course of the year. I still think insurance rates are unjustifiably high, and the reforms have been largely superficial and ineffective, but I'll appreciate what I've saved and run with it.

Currently: Enjoying day #2 of waking up @ 6:00am

No comments: