toil in hope and you will get there.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Cubicle Insights

It is quite interesting how certain, simple, revelations can take on such an exponential importance in the corporate office setting. Lo and behold, my fellow co-workers and I have insidiously discovered how to maximize our interaction with the coffee machine!

First of all, I believe having to pay for every cup of java, while at work, is some form of crime which borders on cruel and unusual punishment - I'm sure there's something written about it in the Charter. A cup of coffee from the machine, regardless of size or strength, is $0.60. As the coffee itself (though Columbian and French roasts are selectable) is nearly undrinkable, I often opt for a Mochaccino. I assume it's hot chocolate mixed with coffee. Well, this caffeine cocktail will cost $0.70, despite the fact that coffee or hot chocolate alone do not cost this exorbitant amount.

It was discovered yesterday, however, that if one selects a Mochaccino based in a 50/50 blend of Colombian and French Roast, the infernal roasting machine will charge a mere $0.50! Who would have known such a complicated combination of buttons would have yielded such a wondrous winfall!?

Currently: Floored that I can now enjoy 4 cups for the old price of 3.

No comments: