toil in hope and you will get there.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Shock, Disbelief...Immoral Outrage

My friends, we are entering a sad, sad era indeed. The year 2005 will be a landscape of hopelessness and destitution.

First Kazaa Lite and now Suprnova (the source of all that was good and free) has felt the wrath of international corporate lawyers and been shut down. I shall remember the site fondly - a digital playground filled to overflowing with all the games, videos, and applications I could possibly download...and, er, evaluate.

Though Nicole, and possibly the neighbour who is networked with my internet connection, will certainly be happy that my computer will no longer be bogged down by a dozen BitTorrent downloads, I will miss the days, nay, weeks, some precious games took to download. The last file I managed to get before the closure of the site was LOTR: BfME, and though its already consumed far too many hours of my life, will be treasured that much more.

R.I.P. Suprnova.org (2002-2004); you've left this world as a better place that when you found it.

Currently: Dreading the prospect of actually paying for software!

No comments: