toil in hope and you will get there.

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Every Day is Saturday

Sweet, glorious freedom.

But at what a cost! The last exam I wrote this semester was perhaps the most terrifying, most insidious exam I've ever had the misfortune of coming across. Granted, mathematics has never been my strong point, and I haven't worked with a formula or commissioned the services of a calculator since Math 30 in High School, but I honestly tried to wrap my head around this class. It's listed in the university calendar as a Sociology course (and is required for my degree) but I'm fairly certain it's an advanced statistics course, concerning itself very little with social theory and interpretation. It's pretty hard to bullshit your way around the logic of hypothesis testing.

The class was hard, the exam satanic, and I'll be happy with anything resembling a passing grade.

On a more positive note, my favourite lady and I attended the Edmonton Roadrunners' Christmas Charity Challenge game last night. Tickets anywhere in Rexall Place were being sold for exactly $4/each with all proceeds going to charity. I quickly scooped up 4 tickets, with the other pair going to Gregg and Jeremy. I had no idea they'd be joining us, and Nicole kept it very secret...which was a nice treat. For the first hockey game I've attended this year, it pretty much had everything I could have hoped for in an AHL game: fights, hits, goals, free sponge noodles, and not only a win, but a win via a nail-biting shootout!

It was the perfect ending to what started out as a fairly bleak final day of the semester.

Currently listening to: Incubus - Aqueous Transmission

No comments: