toil in hope and you will get there.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Does Not Play Well With Others

Though I have absolutely no problem with the existence of other people, specifically my University peers, I'm not particularily keen on having to co-operate with them. No, wait, that's not entirely true.

I just don't want my interactions with them to significantly impact my GPA, as is typically the case with damnable groupwork!

My lifestyle is not compatable with the demands of working in a group. No, I can't meet you after class, I've got to work/sleep/do nothing. I'd love to show you what I've completed already but I only do assignments the night before they're due. This applies to reading a paragraph for class or choosing a topic/starting/completing a term research paper. And no, under no circumstances will I submit an assignment in before the due date...please see the previous point.

The proof, as they say, is in the puddin':

1. Test Item Construction, group, 77% (88/115)
2. Individualized Program Plan, group, 75% (33/44)
3. Classroom Management Plan, only me, 98% (39/40)
4. Science Lesson Planning, only me, 96% (48/50)

In no way am I implying that I'm intellectually superior to the Education students around me. I'm not. Read one of my essays and your B.S. detector might burn out...but in assessment situtations, especially involving writing, I just seem to know how to massage those high marks out of the professor.

My fellow group members, I've been lead to believe, also typically score marks vastly superior to the mid-70's. So what exactly is going on here? The surest route to mediocrity begins with decisions by committee, that's what.

Currently: Pleasantly surprised that today was my last day of class...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haven't changed Kris.