toil in hope and you will get there.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Ultimate UV Protection

A rather ingenious way to avoid a nasty bout of the melanoma is to avoid the damaging rays of the sun altogether. This is something I have accomplished for most of the month of June.

How you ask?

Have I conjured up some sort of mirrored bubble-suit? Do I lurk in the musty confines of Edmonton's sewers by day, only to nocturnally feed on drunken Whyte-avers thrice a week? Well, not quite. I simply told Statistics Canada to cram their paper-filing sweatshop with walnuts, and returned to Tri-City Drilling. I've been placed on the night crew, which works daily from 19:00-07:00. Though I enjoy watching the sun set and then rise every shift, it's a poor trade-off for completely flipping my internal clock.

Quite a bit has actually occurred since my last post, including (in no particular order) my Convocation Ceremony, the winning of a vintage Paul Coffee jersey, the purchase of one Nintendo DS Lite, the eating of a delicious chicken salsa omelet, and discovering the art of borrowing books from the Edmonton Public Library. More on this to come!

Currently: Thinking myself a fool for being up at this hour!

No comments: